Hironori Sakai is keen on data science. That is because it connects real problems with his expertise in mathematics. He would like to share power and pleasure from mathematics with you. In particular he is often thinking about how he can improve a recommender system and looking for an interesting and useful mathematical model.
More about Hironori Sakai
- While he studied Mathematics at Tokyo Metropolitan University, he also enjoyed Linux/UNIX and CGI programming (in Perl).
- He learned a lot about presentation as a math teacher at Educa Ltd, one of the foremost preparatory school in Japan.
- After his PhD, he worked as a researcher at National Cheng Kung University (Taiwan), Max Planck Institute for Mathematics (Bonn) and the University of Münster.
- He started to work as a data scientist in Munich.
- He is a data scientist in Munich.
- I write scripts in R and Python for data mining at work/home.
- He writes a Perl module for data frames and statistical modelling: Arrow::DataFrame.
- He is on GitHub, Bitbucket, BibSonomy, Twitter, flickr and HackerRank (his notes).
- RSS for Maths Blog and Private Anecdotes.